Women empowerment means empowering women in society. Since ancient times women were deprived of various rights. There is a need for equality between the rights of men and women. There should be no discrimination between men and women in each and every field. In this essay on women empowerment, we will discuss its history and why there is a need for women empowerment.
What is women empowerment?
Women Empowerment is the process that creates the psychological will in women. It gives women the confidence to live a better and happy life in society. Women are said to be empowered when they get equal opportunity in the fields of education and profession. It is possible through reservation in jobs, changing the mindset of men towards women, and the sense of equality. In terms of decision making also when women take an active role then they are said to be empowered.
Women’s empowerment is the most important part of a country’s development. When both women and men are included in the workforce then productivity also increases. We can take a simple example within our family. When both of our parents are earning we tend to live a better life in terms of comfortability. We can have luxuries of life when both are working.
Why Women Empowerment is important?
During the course of history, women were treated as of lower stats. Men were treated as heads of the families. Only men use to go the work and earn money for running the family. Also, it was men only who used to make decisions. Women used to do household work and raising the children by feeding them. There was no sense of equality in the women too. Women never dared to go against the decision taken by their husbands. It was a harsh reality in society. This is still prevalent. It is why women empowerment is necessary.
Throughout history, there has been inequality between men and women. However, some of the books of Hinduism like Devi Bhagavata suggest, during ancient times before medieval India there was respect for the female. They were treated as goddess Lakshmi, the fortune giver in each house. The practices like Sati Pratha were done on will but during medieval India especially after the invaders came, the evil practices became more prevalent. The practices like Sati Pratha and Devadasi system became the evil practices and tools to suppress women. Evil practices like rape, acid attack, dowry system, honor killing, domestic violence, etc., are still prevalent in some places of India.
Another major problem is fetus killings. People used to do pre-natal screening and kill if it was a girl child. It was based on superstitious beliefs which existed through medieval India. In some religions, there are still many superstitious beliefs like marriage with a child, polygamy, etc. To end all these evil practices, the Indian Government is planning to introduce a set of conducts for families called the Uniform Civil Code. However, the Indian constitution already has this term.
Steps to Empower Women
There are various ways through which women can be empowered. The first being encouragement. Men should encourage women to take up jobs, higher education, and various activities related to the business. In India there are various schemes that empower women, they are namely Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana, Mahila Shakti Kendra, Working Women Hostel, Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, Mahila-E-Haat.
10 Point Essay on Women Empowerment.
- Women Empowerment is means of providing psychological will to women towards gender equality.
- Women should be treated equally as men in all fields.
- Women were treated as objects in ancient times, the perception needs to be changed.
- In India, there are various schemes that empower women.
- Throughout history, there has been inequality between men and women
- Women empowerment gives women the confidence to live a better and happy life in society.
- The practices like Sati Pratha and Devadasi system became the evil practices and tools to suppress women
- Women empowerment is the most important part of a country’s development
- When both women and men are included in the workforce then productivity also increases
- Women empowerment is necessary for the development of the country.
Other Queries on the web regarding the women empowerment essay.
- essay on women empowerment in india
- women empowerment essay pdf
- essay on women empowerment upsc
- women empowerment paragraph
- importance of women empowerment
- women empowerment speech
- gender equality and women’s empowerment essay
- gender equality and women’s empowerment essay pdf