The Dowry system is one of the greatest evils which is being practiced in India. It has been followed for a long time. However, it had probably positive implications during ancient times and was voluntary. Today, forcefully for a marriage purpose there is demand from the groom’s side in return for the marriage.
Here is a 10 line essay on Dowry System.
- Dowry is the items that are given to the bride by her parents during the time of marriage.
- It used to be a voluntary decision of the parents but after the Britishers invaded, it turned into demand from the groom’s side.
- Dowry System has ruined the lives of many girls in India.
- The Groom’s parents or relatives make pressure on the Bride’s side for Dowry.
- In India, many marriages get canceled because the parents of the Bride are unable to fulfill the demands.
- In some cases, brides are tortured in the house by family members of the Groom.
- Dowry System is an evil practice that is still prevalent in India and its neighboring countries like Nepal.
- Brides are burnt alive, India reports around 2,500 such cases yearly.
- The government has come with strict policies but it is practiced illegally.
- Dowry System has to be voluntary and no one should be forced.
Conclusion (Essay on Dowry System)
Dowry system is a good practice until it is voluntary. Any parent has the right to give a daughter, part of their property. However, when it is forced, it is one of the greatest social evils of the Country.
Incoming Search Queries: essay on dowry system for class 10, essay on dowry system in Nepal, dowry system topic speech, essay on dowry system pdf, dowry a social evil essay in English, dowry system paragraph, article on dowry system,